Gallery comments

29 jul 2006 kl. 15.27 skrev Andrew Davidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 29 2006. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

                Renate Volz - Buddha Eye
Absolutely beautiful! Tried to crop it (afraid I am one of those people...), but there was no way to improve it.

                D.L. Shipman -
Beautiful too, I just miss some point of interest in it. There is a center, but it doesn´t catch the wandering eye.

                Jeff Saxman -
Polaroid, I presume...  Surrealist feeling, like it.

                Marty Kerins Jr. - Dawn at Carman's River
Lovely light. Personally, I´d crop away that unsharp something (plus the reflexions) at the extreme right; it doesn´t help the image.

                Guy Glorieux - Sea of chairs
Nice effect; indeed somewhat akin to the famous Evans picture. The architectural elements work well together with all the chairs´ backs; you must have crawled around for a while to find the right position..

                Veli Cigirgan -
I suppose you spent some time in Photoshop; it cannot have been just a prism filter. Thanks to the careful positioning of the "ghosts", it works quite well.

                Morley Roberts - Aimee
An unusual portrait. I´m a little disturbed by the position of the hand; it almost seems to belong to someone kneeling before her. Otherwise a good image of a beautiful girl.

My personal favourites this week are Renate´s and Guy´s contributions, but overall it was a good week. Thank you all!

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"