Re: Learning how to use a computer - a bit of a tirade...

Shyrell Melara wrote:
I wish I lived close to you.  You would have your first paying student {:-> > Marilyn

Me, too. I keep searching for tutorials online. I can't afford those one or two day sessions that start at $350 and go up from there. Never mind the fact that it would take a plane ride to get there. I keep thinking there must be an easier way. If I ever learn it myself, I would teach.

BTW - For those of you who do teach, do ALL of you have degrees and such? I have a degree in photography and would like to teach children. I've been toying with the idea of a summer program. But where and how would I start?

Shyrell

Shyrell - I teach photography to students who are 16-18 years old. Great fun. But I don't have a photography or even an art degree. Mine is in Chemistry which isn't much help with Photoshop :-D .

Why not write to / ring all your local high schools / colleges (or whatever up) and "make them an offer they can't refuse!"

the worst answer you can get is "No thank you"

Howard