Re: Tokina 400mm f/5.6 APO ATX lens for EOS 350D

Hmm. 400mm? Doesn't sound like a zoom to me. Normally that's expressed as, say "100-400mm".

In addition, over the years Tokina has come to be regarded as one of the better after market makers, as I understand the writeups in the mags.

I'd be very suspicious of any seller, eBay or otherwise, who was selling such a lens for so little unless it's not an autofocus lens.

Why don't you check out a few lens brands in your mm range for a week or two on eBay and see what they're going for. Then look them up on the review sites and see how they are rated and what they might have cost new. Then you'll know better what you're buying.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx