Re: From my arts/crafts group

Shyrell Melara wrote:
I have a question from someone in my other e-mail group. As the technical part is not my best suit, will you friends answer this for me?

would you mind giving me your opinion of Kodak Easy Share
Z740. It say 10X optical zoom.  I mostly take pictures of small things
like jewelry, rosaries etc.

photo cube

optical lense vs macro

These friends are usually photographing small items for sale, hand crafted polimer clay items, jewelry, knitted baby clothing, etc. and they need it broken down to the simplest terms.

Thanks everyone...

Shyrell

You might find info on the Kodak on http://www.dpreview.com  When I worked in a camera shop many years ago, the boss considered Kodak cameras to be toys......  (His words, not mine) so I can't give any reasonable opinion.

Photo cube.....  isn't that a plastic cube that you put prints in for display?

Optical lense vs macro.....  Uhhhhhhhh, all lenses are optical.  True macro lenses are good for very close uo, like 1:1, and are flat field lenses meaning that if you do a 1:! of a postage stamp, the entire stamp will be in focus.

Bob
--

                           /////
                          ( O O )