Just got mine! WOW!

My copy of the PhotoForum book literally sat waiting on my doorstep today when I returned from a combined shooting/dog walk (by a strange coincidence I had collected an original print of my contribution from a small exhibition on my way home from it...).

And it does look GREAT! (The book, I mean). Nice format, beautiful layout, and good printing: compared it to the pdf file, and mostly it holds up very well; images on a monitor have a greater dynamic range, just like projected slides. Some images were better on screen, others looked better on paper. And my original print? Well, of course there were more subtle gradations and deeper blacks in the original (otherwise I would have stopped printing....), but the book held up quite well in representing the image.

To me, this is a quite new experience, being able to compare a good book print of one of my images with the "real thing" (I´ve had a few images published before, but never with this quality in reproduction).

And, most important: the images in the book are good IMAGES (I´ll leave my own contribution for others to assess, of course; I´m talking about the rest..). There is a huge variation, and yet there is harmony. It is a pleasure to go through this book, and it would be equally rewarding even if I had no part in it. As it is, I feel mighty proud!

Thank you, Andy!  And, thank you all who contributed!

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"