gallery

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Elson T. Elizaga
Cagayan River:I like all the information this photograph has in it. I see so many opportunities for more photographs included in this one image. I'd take a vertical that includes just the jumping boys and splash in the river and close ups of the textures and soft colors of the buildings in the background. I would have tried a tighter horizontal, too. Cropped just above the boys' heads and below the boat. If forces my attention to the action taking place. What a great opportunity to be where this is happening.

Peeter Vissak
Sir Liverleaf of Hazelwood: Delicate and graceful. The two blossoms and their stems remind me of ballet dancers.

Renate Volz
Butterfly: Beautiful colors. Everything "butterfly" is in focus. Great job.

Pablo Coronel
Humming Bird: It took me a minute to find the hummingbird. What an unusual sculpture. This photograph of it is well framed and composed. The space in the lower right hand corner bothers me a little. my eye keeps being drawn to the empty space, but I'm not sure what could be done about it. Maybe if you tilted your camera diagonally just a touch - up in the upper-right hand corner and down in the lower left hand corner so the framing isn't so tight in those areas?

Paul Mahder
G: I'm gong to have to study this one some more. I think I'm trying to make too much out of the image and I'm having a hard time appreciating just what is there. Very original, though.

Herschel Mair
veggie and rosewater seller: This is an unusual scene for me - something I never run into in my small, protected life here in the United States. For me the image is a little too busy, but that's my take on it. I'd have cropped closer to the figure and tried to blur the background by using a larger aperture.. However, your cropping tells the story of where this man lives and what he has to deal with on a daily basis.

Roger Eichhorn
Family Dinner: Nice close up of the red bird. I like the dark background. Good framing and cropping. The red bird has that "caught in the act " look on its face.

Emily L. Ferguson
Darn bottle won't break!: A nice slice of life moment caught with a camera. I find the space above the lady a little distracting and would like to see it cropped, but the viewer can tell exactly what is happening by her expression and the expressions of those watching her.

Trevor Cunningham
Anatomy of Flamenco 2: Dense as I am - I need a little more information to tell what is going on in this photograph. Is it part of a series? I'm sure more information could be seen if I were looking at the original photograph.

Thank you to all who shared their work and to Andy and staff for hanging the show. I learn a lot from this gallery.

Marilyn

"Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may grow."
Louise Driscoll