Photoshop Eelements v ACDSee 8

I just saw a review of ACDSee 8, and was surprised that it seemed to
be rated better than Photoshop Eelements. (The review didn't come out
and say that, but that's what I inferred.) Does anyone have any
experience with it? Is it worth considering? I have Elements 3 and
have been considering an upgrade to Elements 4, so this isn't an idle
question; maybe I would consider switching since the prices are
similar.

--
Thanks,
Rick