Re: Photoshop?

At 09:43 AM 4/29/2006, Marilyn wrote:
Hi All,

When I use the "burn" tool in Photoshop on a color photograph, it burns a grey, which isn't always what I want.  Is there a way to burn in colors that are in the photograph?

I am using the Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Classroom in a Book and Photoshop 6 for Dummies books.  Can any of you recommend better resources?

The dodge and burn tools aren't that useful.

Create a duplicate layer.  Change the mode to color burn.  Adjust opacity until you have what you want.  Click on layer mask on the layers palette.  Use the brush tool with black to remove the layer where you don't want it.  Use it with white to fix any edges.

There are other methods, but they are all fairly similar.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/