In reality, I've been on the non-receiving end of royalty payments because people weren't able to do the math.

It doesn't sound difficult but it sure seems to throw some folks for a zinger.

Lea

On Apr 26, 2006, at 6:01 PM, SteveS wrote:

Keeping track of royalties is no biggie. Dispurse payments every year, beginning or ending of the school year based on copies sold . . . what's to make that math difficult?

S.
----- Original Message ----- From: "lea murphy" <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: Brief update on book progress

Andy,

I think the price sounds great.

Are you really going to keep track of royalties? Ugh.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished book.

Lea

On Apr 26, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

A "proof" copy of the book has been ordered. I failed to include the cover material (a plain large logo of the list on a white background) and so that was a major problem already noticed! The index listing is now by page number and it will be redone alphabetically instead after consultation with colleagues here. The photographs will be in order of arrival (unless I can figure out a painless way of moving spreads around) ... so they are somewhat disconnected "theme-wise" from page to page (but not always!) but I think that is not such a bad idea.

The cost of the book, with I think 41 members included, is about $18 if no royalty at all is added. What do you think about that?. I am planning to buy an ISBN number for it which will cost $35 or so. Hmmmm ... what else? Opinions/suggestions on or offline welcome. Hopefully this project can be rolled out at the beginning of May sometime.

Thanks, Andy - andpph@xxxxxxx

lea murphy
lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx