Re: Web Size

for me 640 is wide and 480 is long.

Lea

On Apr 17, 2006, at 8:13 PM, rebphoto wrote:

Hi Gang...........

Which figure are you using for horizontal and which for vertical?

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography
rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx

Feed a Cat...
Starve a Fever........

----- Original Message ----- From: "James B. Davis" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: Web Size

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:09:39 -0500, lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

640x480 is what I always use. Go longer if you have to but never
wider...you don't want viewers scrolling left/right, only up/down.

I go a bit bigger. My pages are all laid out for 800 by 600. Some of my pages have to be bigger. And no, I can't always lay it out so it expands and contracts
with window size.

One other thing - I don't use auto centering. I find this varies with browsers and often ends up looking strange. I keep everything lined up on the left with a
bit of a margin.

If you check most big commercial sites you'll find the same things.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits,

lea murphy
www.whinydogpress.com
www.leamurphy.com