re: Cooments: PF Galleries 08-04-06

At 20:54 +0200 4/17/06, Elgenper wrote:
        Jim Snarski - Pipevine Swallowtail
I am unfamiliar with that species, but it does look like a real beauty! Nice, translucent feeling to the wings. Somewhat busy background, but that would be hard to avoid in the full sun that brought it out in the first place.

thanks for the review Per...these are truly spectacular butterflies, moderately large with a wingsan of almost three and a half inches....and what my photo doesn't show, having captured the underside, is the brilliant metallic blue accents on the upper part of the hind wings...next time I'll attempt to capture that....the background was out of my control and as I explained to Renate, these critters don't sit around too long and you have to go where they go....I was glad to get the image I got....

Jim
Baja Oregon

_____

A fallen flower