From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew
Davidhazy
Sent: 16 April 2006 18:47
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Extended PF members book deadline - LAST MINUTE message

Dear list members,

The deadline for receipt of materials had, in fact, been extended. Until
midnight (at the location of each author) April 16, 2006.

You have all been very cooperative and prepared your materials well given
the
lack of exact guidelines! I am amazed that we've had so few problems! Here
are
last minute instructions for the stragglers among you:   :)

Image dimensions should be approximately 9 inches x 300 dpi or 2700 pixels
in
the longer dimension and 6 inches by 300 dpi or 1800 pixels in the shorter
dimension (for a horizontal photograph). Small deviations from these
dimensions
are OK as the images will be made to fit the available space ... if too
large.
RGB files are requested.

Text should be provided as plain text and follow the pattern in the sample
pages. However, deviations from sample are OK. Some of you chose to be very
brief in the text. Some did not give titles. Some included poems. Some did
not
include bios but did provide a personal narrative or statement. This is all
good
and acceptable. We'll work with it. Please no image pages for the text side.

Finally, we are operating on a very flexible schedule and will try to
accomodate
later comers as much as possible. Remember that this was not supposed to be
hassle or to cause anxiety. :)

Since my mail seems not have been delivered to some contributors please
excuse
me taking this opportunity to contact some of you this way:

Chris Strevens, in case you did not get my message sent to your personal
address
your photograph was OK but your text was much too long. MUCH too long.

Pini Vollach, your text did not arrive with photograph.

Lea Murphy, your photo arrived corrupted. Please resend.

Greg Stempel, any chance you could provide plain text for text side?

Peeter, please resend an RGB image file (instead of the Grayscale version)
if
possible.

hmmm ... there must have been more but I forget now.

The volume is looking quite impressive!
The staff here looks forward to finishing the pre-publication work and
making
this thing available for you all to see. How about including an ISBN number
for
the book?

Andy