Re[2]: Converting Raw files

Blair,

Saturday, April 8, 2006, 12:44:01 AM, you wrote:

BH>   The industry standard for converting raw files is Photoshop. If
BH> you ever have any ambitions of selling your images for
BH> publication, you must use either Photoshop (very expensive) or
BH> Photoshop Elements (about $100 online). If you use anything else,
BH> the chances are your work will not be considered by editors, art
BH> directors, or even stock photo agencies (I'm not sure about online
BH> agencies).

I use Photoshop Essentials, but I usually convert from RAW using
RawShooter. It doesn't have all of the tools Photoshop has, but I like
it's ability to batch convert, and I like the fact that it doesn't do
anything to the original file by default. I still sometimes use
Photoshop to tweak them afterwards, crop, etc., but I start with
RawShooter.

--
Rick