De: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx em nome de David Dyer-Bennet
Enviada: qui 06-04-2006 04H39m
Para: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Assunto: Re: book appearance - the text page

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Do we want the book to have the text pages all the same, basically,
> the same font, the same type of information, the same size and space
> on the page?  Or are there members among us who would like the text to
> be part of their presentation in a more artistic or adventurous or
> individualistic way?

I want the text pages to be all the same, very plain.  Their purpose
is not to compete with the photos; the'r purpose is to provide
information.  In a high-end design, the text should be separated from
the photos and that facing page just left blank, but that's
financially unfeasible; making the text plain and simple is the
closest that can be come to doing it "right".

I'm strongly opposed to having some of the text pages very different
in overall design from the others.  It will make the attempt to avoid
drawing attention less effective, I think.

Also, a mix of photos and photo-word-word-art-pieces is a less
cohesive whole than a collection of photos.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>