Re: Why?

Since this might be a "woman  thing" I have to add my non-professional
2 cents worth strictly from a woman's point of view.
I look at a raw photo as the negative I would see in a lab
environment, and Photoshop is my very own desktop lab.  In this
virtual lab you have the choice of doing it like Costco or Walmart and
run every image through all the "auto" processing that is available or
you can let your creativity free reign and tweak, dodge and burn to
your artist's heart's content.
Buy yourself a good Photoshop book to learn the basics, and look
around the web for the thousands of free tutorials offered there.
That's where the fun of digital photography really lies.  You are
cheating yourself if you don't use Photoshop to its fullest potential.
Strangely I remember dreaming of doing just that, when I looked at the
first images I ever captured as a child with my little Agfa camera,
when I was 6 years old, thinking this would be a great shot if I could
crop it a little here, darken it a little there and blur this ugly
background.  Well, 40 years later technology finally caught up with
this dream.
Try it out - you'll be amazed how much better your already fine shots will be.
So here it is - a woman's point of view.
Have a wonderful spring weekend all!
Renate

--
Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning
of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.