Re: Want to participate in a PhotoForum group book?

>>>Good questions. Goals are simply to get a bunch of memebrs to share their work in a printed book at low cost. A "fun" project without pretensions of high art. If Lulu is the company you are weary of that is the one I was planning on using because I found the process fairly easy. The book could be sold to anyone I guess. There is no profit motive so selling price will be cost of printing a copy plus maybe a dollar potentially directed somehow at PhotoForum someway ... maybe to provide a copy of the book to our library?>>>

I have complete faith in Lulu Press. I was thinking of another publisher (or three) that I would never deal with for many reasons I will not go into. I asked about the publisher because if the goal is to get the book into the stores, using one very prominent publisher means you will fail. Using all the rest is still iffy.

I am very glad you are using Lulu Press. I still receive royalty checks form them and it is for a book I do not really care about. So I know they are honest. At least, I am betting this is the case

I am not sure if you can restrict your sales to just the group. If it is on Lulu Press, it is likely available to everyone. I have never mentioned my book on any web list or discussion board and still, people have found it and ordered it.

Luck to you and the group.

Bob

There is a plan to include text, biographies, etc. etc. Follow-up on the
guideliens link I posted on the list.  :)