Re: Want to participate in a PhotoForum group book?

Count me in...it sounds like a wonderful idea and I'd be honored to participate.

Lea

On Mar 28, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

This is a note to try to gage interest in members participating in a "vanity press" publication ... so to speak. I have tried my hand at publishing through Lulu.com and have found the process ... interesting. Now I am thinking that it might be possible to put together a book based on photographs by PhotoForum list members. There would be no cost to anyone unless a hard copy of the book is purchased. We could make a PDF copy of the book available for all contributors.

I'm thinking right now of a 7x9 inch book (landscape) with each contributor allowed two images (or 2 more if on 4 consecutive pages) (so the book does not get too big). I am not sure how copyright issues would be dealt with. If this is a concern I'd say don't participate.

This is a trial balloon deal. If things get too serious all attempts at pulling someting like this together will be cancelled. Last thing we need is an overly managed and complicated process. If too many headaches are presented ... bye, bye!

what do some of you all think?

Andy Davidhazy

lea murphy
www.whinydogpress.com