Re: Adobe's Lightroom Beta

Thanks Emily. Your report is useful. I'll download the program in the next week or so.

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx

On 21 Mar 2006, at 20:26, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

I've been playing with it for a couple weeks but I've gotten sidetracked into keywording and captioning.

It seems like Lightroom has not yet made up its mind quite where it's going to fit in the workflow. It has a pretty good RAW converter, but still requires export to PS before saving, something which the forum participants are noisily trying to get Adobe to scrap. It has some nice sorting mechanisms, and a pretty smooth slideshow and thumbnail page output module, I haven't had any serious color calibration problems getting the thumbnail pages output.

I and others are hoping that there will be a serious IPTC beta before Adobe launches. They speak of that module being unfinished and many of the requests for features reveal that people really need a sophisticated keywording module, which I also need.

I haven't been to the site since this week began, but last weekend, the last time I looked, I think I remember that the Windoze version was imminent.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx