Re: Why are you teaching photography?

{a picture = one thou send words}
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: Why are you teaching photography?

I teach photography because it is very fulfulling to turn students on to photography and art and design.  Teachers have the ability to add texture to people's lives and that's an awesome thing to be involved with.  The monetary compensation may be lacking (and I have a husband who makes the lion share of our household income so that isn't a big problem for me) but what it does for the soul makes up for that lack.

I fell into teaching by saying "yes" when my professor asked if I'd like to be a graduate teaching assistant.  It was NEVER something I would have chosen on my own.  I've been teaching Photo I, a digital class, for 3 years and plan on looking for a full time teaching gig when I get my MFA next spring (hopefully!!!).

Judith Curiel