Re: Photo chemistry destroying PVC

I assume that you're referring to darkroom plumbing... I haven't read anything about this recently, but my understanding from years ago is that B&W chemistry is ok, color negatives kind of ok if cleaned up by a thorough fresh water wash, positive processes work a few years & need plumbing replacement (ciba/ilfo chromes don't work at all). I don't recall anything about alternate process chemistries. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some more recent info.
-Lew S
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mosley, Kim" <KMosley@xxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:59 PM
Subject: Photo chemistry destroying PVC

Has anyone heard of photochemistry destroying PVC? I've received an email
stating that this is occurring. We use both black and white and color
chemistry.

Direct emails are appreciated since I digest this list.

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Mosley
Dean, Liberal Arts
St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley
3400 Pershall Rd.
Ferguson, MO 63135
314-513-4216
kmosley@xxxxxxxxx, http://stlcc.edu/fv/liberalarts/