Re: CC filters or Photoshop???

>If you know there is a strong colour cast, it does >not hurt to deal
>with most of it by filters at the time of capture.  PS >and CC filters
>are not mutually exclusive.

Yes Bob you're right about the big changes like using an 80B in Tungsten light if you only have daylight film etc.

But carrying around a meter and a bag of mired-shift filters to fine-tune the colour in-camera doesn't make semse any more

I was a commercial/advertising photographer from 1975 to 2003 and I've had my share of working with colour correction and filtration. They are a pain in the ass. They get scratched easily and even with a colour meter the results are unreliable.

I'd phone the lab in the morning and ask how the E6 was running and make colour corrections for that.

Usually, if the work was critical, (I.E. Coty makeup products) I'd shoot the pic, get a sheet processed, check it out and immediately make the corrections and still shoot the finals with a range of fine colour correction.

Thank God for Photoshop!!!!

herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,