Re: PF Exhibits on 18 FEB 06

At 9:45 AM -0500 2/18/06, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 18 2006. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

           Jeff Spirer - Backstage

I dunno about that contrast. Kinda really strong. Conflicts with the diffidence in their faces. The photographer is being really vigorous while the models are being really tenuous. The out of focus one is so diffident she looks like a mannikin.

           Jim Snarski - Bodega Bay

Good oysters there! Did you get any pix of the flooding at Jenner, or at the head of Tomales Bay?

           Elson T. Elizaga - The Woman Behind

All the symbols in this image make me sad - the woman behind, with no head or body protection, the traffic, the smog, the urban crowding, clutching the child who's also unprotected, on a motorcycle with all those cars, the ugly advertising between the man's and woman's head. What have we come to?

           Marilyn Dalrymple - Littlerock Dam

So it looks like that down there too?  Sigh.  What's happened to winter.

Hmm.  Where's the dam?

Complicated subject - all that herbiage. Over and over I struggle with what to include and what to leave out. Not sure there are any new insights here.

           Gary Perdue - Cityscape

I like this. I like the contrasting textures. Sad how our cities look all the same now. I've got pix like this from Boston last spring.....

           Jim Davis - Izu Coast

The temptation to tweak the curves to get rid of the haze would overcome me! And I suppose it might have been nice to leave a bit more space on the left of the tree and steal a bit from the cliffs, but that might not apply had the haze been removed. Aside from the nits, it's nice to see that the northern coast of California is over there in Japan too! And the general arrangment of the image is very pleasing although not a thrill.

Thanks to Minnie and the rest of the staff and always to Andy!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/