Re: bolides

Aha!
a Tunguska-like incident over Britain?

I read somewhere that in the middle ages that happened (muslim scientists recorded the flash in Spain) and eliminated a big chunk of the population of the British Isles.
That mass extinction was one of the pillars of the Grail tradition

Chris wrote:

Dear Sir

“I heard about 12 very heavy explosions today starting at noon British
time the explosions continued one every few seconds for about 12 minutes.
One was so powerful that my body shook, I felt it in the chest, and there
was a flash in the northern sky overcast sky when one went off.”

I saw two people in front of me simply melt away; I was under a lamp post
and wearing woollen clothing.  I think a dog went the same way.

Report Monday 6 Feb 2006.

I think what hit us on Monday and last night were bolides, ice from the
ort cloud or the Kuiper belt beyond Pluto.

Similar to the rock that caused the mass extinction 65 million years ago
but much smaller and it broke up.

I think there may be a swarm where the comet broke up.

The chances of another hit immediately are not high but higher than before
because of the cluster of rocks that may be there.  Possibly there are
hundreds of them.

I did see a warning on the web newsgroup the Sunday before, they got the
time and date exactly right but said that it was the end of the world.
Well not yet.

There was another fall last night north of here, I saw the flash and heard
the boom and there was particulate rain here.

I’ve heard a figure of 20 million of us dead.

Christopher Strevens,
11 Kenley Rd.,
London,
SW19 3JJ.