Re: govt spys, was Are you a Yahoo! group member?

>>>Just to get back on topic - do ya suppose NSA monitors cell phone photo
traffic?  Could a jpeg be construed  (in some twisted Bushey way) as
separate from protected speech?  Are cell phone picture's "native"
telecommunications mode off the Internet?<<<<

I think the NSA (thanks guys, if you are monitoring) does what it does and has always done to (generally speaking) keep us safe. Some people are scared because they actually know nothing about how the various security services function and if the Gubberment is keeping it a secret, they MUST be up to no good, since CNN and PBS is not telling us.

Some people (such as yourself, perhaps) hate Bush without knowing why and with little to no evidence of wrong doing. Therefore, everything he does is suspect. Others think we absolutely need to know everything every part of the government is up to.

For all you know, "they" already know and "they" already have all of your jpeg images stored within the matrix. I am not sure if jpegs are free speech, but perhaps they are. The problem is those jpegs can be used to tell a non-existence truth, by way of PS.

Then again, so can writing and painting.

I do know that practicing my Deering Crossfire electric banjo at 3:00 am through a short Marshall Stack is not free speech. Just noise and bother and stern warnings from the local constabulary.

As for protected speech, we burn flags claiming it is speech. So I suppose everything will be twisted so it becomes part of speech.

Remember, if "they" wanted you, you would already be in custody.

So, until you are cuffed and dragged deep into the Cheyenne Mountain facility where the Star Gate is located; right between the formulas to turn tap water into gas and the secrets of the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe, stop worrying. Nobody in the government really cares one bloody bit what most of us have to say, email, or photograph.

You only come to their attention when you do bad things that sensible people would agree you should be considered in detail.

So relax.

Bob