Re: building a studio at school and OT

wow...this turned into something...thank goodness it
hasn't quite turned into a canon vs nikon
argument...yet...anywho, nice to know about the studio
flash adapter...i think if we got into slaves and
pre-flash settings the students would get that tilt to
their heads like dogs hearing a high whistle...i did
mention that the d70 would likely be overkill and
seems to require more attention than the intended
skill level could handle...hell, i'll have to figure
the gear out as well!  most important is the
lights...the promise of remarkable service sounds
great but living in egypt makes that point moot...the
other teacher involved mentioned a weariness to
flashes as he's intending on using the lights for
video as well (i'm not sure the two mediums would have
compatible equipment in our price range, though i hope
i'm wrong...

NEEDS:  1) three-light studio set-up (preferably
available as a 220V package)   2) software to manage
high volume of pictures  3) interactive studio
training software, or books/dvd's pertaining to the
subject

Herschel, how's your university doing on black and
white products?  Cairo no longer stocks black and
white paper, that I know of, and film and chemicals
are not far away from being extinct either.  Do you
know of any Middle Eastern distributors, with a Cairo
office, I might want to contact?  Customs here is a
pain and I don't want to abuse the generosity of my
friend with the APO address.