Re: samsung enter the dslr market - Lens question

24 jan 2006 kl. 09.30 skrev Peeter Vissak:

BTW - are these new Vario-Schneiders and Vario-Elmars comparable to the
golden age ones? Anyone with hands-on experience?

Peeter

Sort of... The Vario-Summicron 28 -90 on my Leica Digilux 2 actually beats all 3 of my ´70s vintage R Summicrons wide open, and my 2 60´s M Summicrons aren´t even in the same league....

Of course, any comparison is hampered by the fact that you only "get at" the image from the Vario-Summicron via the CCD sensor, which has vastly different characteristics from film, and from the differences in DOF. My verdict is based on hand-held portraits printed A4 size (scanned film vs JPEG from the D2).

My heart aches when I see my lovely "silver" Leicas languish in a cupboard, but I actually get more and better images when I stay with digital.

Regards,

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"