Re: negatives from digital

At 1:23 AM -0800 1/21/06, Robert Earnest wrote:
That is a great resource for slides.
What about B/W negs from digital? I would love to be able to make large scans of some of my negs, perfect them in Photoshop and make fibre prints. I would suppose 4x5 negs would be best.

Is it the fun of the darkroom, or the enticement of real paper paper? I don't do b&w in at all now, but I do sepia and have the prints done by my lab with an Epson2000 on one of Epson's beautiful papers - Watercolor Paper/Radiant White. If I wanted I could give my tech just about any inkjet paper for art printing as long as I was willing to buy the box.

And there are monochrome inksets for some printers, although, since I don't do b&w I don't keep that info when I get it in email.

But I admit, the fun of doing the printing in the darkroom would be a big attraction as long as I wasn't in a hurry.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/