From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of kpp@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 12:54 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Rodinal storage life?

hi all!
with Agfa dropping the commercial & proffesional film & materials line
entirely, I made a half-day long excursion to photo stores to assemble a
stock that will keep me going for 3-5 years more.

Among others i have purchased 2 bottles of Rodinal, that i believe it is of
late manufacture.

So i have two questions for the film users (now old-timers) of the group.

Where is the date of manufacture located on the 0.5 lit bottle & box? There
is something on the lip of the lid but I can not read anykind of date in
this coding

How long can Rodinal be expected to last when kept in the fridge? (talking
about sealed bottles)
I have been told that under proper conditions a lifetime of 2 years is
expected, but from another source I have been told that Rodinal have been
observed to be good even after 15 years!!!

Coming from the considerable group commulative experience, what should i bet
on?

Many thanks, "the times a' changing"
Kostas

_________