RE: Help with creating a catalog from a database

Like I have not tried to accomplish what I want using Access..:-))))

The point is, I want to have a multi-column catalog, and I could not have a multi column report with Access.

Veli Izzet

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Maxey
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 8:56 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Help with creating a catalog from a database

>>>I have some images in the filesystem, and an access database of these
images.
The database holds the place of the image and some other specifications of
the image like price, etc. etc.
I want to create a catalog using something like a mail-merge from these
data.

I tried MS publisher, but it seems very lousy at the least; reminded me of
s/w of two decades ago. I know thera are some cataloging s/w, but I need
something that can read data from MS Acess or Excel or csv.>>>

Simple and easy. Perhaps not the best way, but you already have the tools. I will assume that you have a copy of Access. Try creating an Access report. You can design the report to look like a nicely formatted catalog page.

Bob