Re: Christmas greeting gallery

Wishing everybody a wonderful and merry rest of this year and a happy new one, too!

Renate

On Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005, at 08:45 US/Eastern, William B. Ellis wrote:

I tend to look at these discussions this way. I'm one who will wish someone Merry Christmas. When I do, I'm wishing others what I feel , not what I want them to believe. If they do believe what I do or wish to, that's their choice. If someone is offended by this greeting, and please don't take this wrong, but it's THEIR problem not mine. I try not to offend, but being human, it will unintentionally happen sometimes. I'll not apologize for saying Merry Christmas, nor will I cease. When I'm told I can't say Merry Christmas because I'll offend someone else, please understand that offends me.

Everyone have a joyous holiday season, but I'll have a Merry Christmas.

Bill Ellis

Bob Maxey wrote:

>> This thread is not only off topic, it's becoming ridiculous. >> Nobody is telling anyone not to say Merry Christmas or Happy >> Hanukah, or whatever they want to say. The so called "attack on >> Christmas" is an invention of right-wing talk radio and TV. It >> simply doesn't exist.

The fact is, there are a number of large corporations that have directed their employees not to say Merry Christmas. I think Wally Marty (?) had to change back to saying Merry Christmas because of public pressure. I am not sure if Wal-Mart was the one in the news or not.

Fact is, my brother's daughter was told not to say Merry Christmas because others in the class were Jewish or observed Kwansa (sp?)

Fact, my GF was told never to answer the phone with Merry Christmas. She is to say Happy Holidays.

There might not be a country-wide mandate to remove Christmas from our society, but there is sufficient evidence to suggest that saying Merry Christmas is a "bad" thing and will probably hurt some fraction of our population. It is not just right wing TV and radio.

Merry Christmas to everyone,

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com