Re: Gallery Viewing

At 11:39 AM 12/19/2005, Gregory Fraser wrote:
Right away I notice the lack of shadows where the leather meets the pavement and the relative sharpness of the boots compared to the steps makes this look to me like a composite image. Why no shadow on the boots when the debris seems to have shadows? Why would Jeff do this?

Greg -

Everything is a bit of an illusion, isn't it? What makes the shadows disappear is that the boots are not near the sidewalk, she's not walking, so there is no shadow to disappear. She was sitting on some scaffolding and swung her foot out when I was shooting her portrait (with her boyfriend, maybe I will put that in the gallery soon) and I just figured it might look odd...

Thanks for the detailed review!

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/