Re: What Camera? 1901 Russia?

> Fascinating!  But still don't know what camera :-)  Now I'm curious!
> I got a word doc file of about a page and a half - would like the
URL
> source - couldn't get to the home page for some reason.

Alan

That was my reaction too.

Actually the play was set I read in 1897 (so 4-y before the Brownie?).
Fedotik is indeed the character in "The Three Sisters" using the
camera.
In the play he is taking snapshots indoors (by the rate of them
presumably hand held).  I was just surprised by this assuming that
film speeds and apertures would not have been up to it then.

For the audience I guess any sort od box camera would do ... but heck,
it's nice to try and get things right.

Bob