Re: Organization of Digital Files/CD-DVD Storage

>. I'm finding after several 100's/1000's of images, it is becoming a
>task to keep them organized and easily accessible. What kind of file
>organizing software is being used out there.

to that i will leave other guide you. i do not use any apps. I simply file in directories according to photshoot theme. Then double backup in CDR or DVDR. Photo projects that are on PS work are backuped in CDRW or DVDRW.

>Second question is how is everyone filing their disc storage media. Disc
>boxes, pouches, individual boxes, a pile of discs on the floor? I've got
>several 100 of these and the pile keeps growing.

CDRW and DVDRW are kept in trasparent plastic envelopes with soft cloth-like backing. CDR and DVDR are kept in paper envelopes with color coding on the top 1/4inch of envelope.
(for example: 2 white bands one red is concert photography. 2 reds & 1 white is art photography)

all are kept in pastic boxes for that kind of envelopes.
For me it is a neat-tidy low volume system. 2nd backups are kept in some promotional pouches at another location.

Important is to keep the system simple, and applicable to all your computer file organizing/backup. I once got things mixed up, and mamaged to erase a whole direcory from both the computer and the 2 DVDRWs. I now make the first backup in CDR/DVDR sice the data is retrievable going back in the older sessions.

Best o'luck, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.superweb.gr ÏéêïíïìéêÜ êáé áîéüðéóôá ðáêÝôá web hosting ìå áóöáëÝò Åëëçíéêü controlpanel
http://www.domains.gr Ôï üíïìÜ óáò óôï internet ìüíï ìå 10 Åõñþ.