phtoshop CS2 tif preview missing

I have an odd problem. When saving files as a batch from the RAW converter built into photoshop, if I select "tif" then all the previews are nothing but black squares. There is an image there, but the preview is not. Has anyone else heard of this problem or know of a fix? Currently I have to run a batch process on them all, altering them imperceptibly and then saving them again so that a preview is generated. This is a pain!

Eric Tadsen
Tadsen Photography
http://tadphoto.com
608.469.2255