Re: Panoramas.

On 12/6/05 11:23 AM, "SteveS" <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am purchasing a special tripod head for panorama shots and have some
>> questions for the group.
>>  -- snip --
>> Joseph Chamberlain
>>

> This is an interesting question, because I use a Cirkut Camera with a
> 'geared tripod head.'  Can you tell us something about this special tripod
> you might acquire?
>
> S. Shapiro

First I wish to thank all who responded my post and provided valuable
information on my panorama question.

Steve, I have been looking mainly at panorama heads from Manfrotto and
Really Right Stuff. They both allow you to mount the camera in both portrait
and landscape mode as well as to mount the camera offset from the tripod's
axis so that the tripod and camera rotate around the lens' nodal point axis
instead of the tripod screw threads on the bottom of your camera. Really
Right Stuff seems to have a tripod head that is less complex to set up and
use but both seem like good quality heads.

Best regards to all and thank you again for your responses.

Joseph

---

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery