Re: What filter when shooting B&W portraits with Kodak 3200?

>> : Lately I ve been doing lot of wedding photography and

>> : I would like to shoot some pictures inside the church

>> : with Kodak 3200. I am also going to shoot some

>> : portraits with that film with available light inside

>> : the church. I would like to know what type filter

>> : should I be  using inorder to get a good contrast in

>> : the pictures. Or should I not use any filters at all ?

Well I would like to add 2 points in all the replies so far ...

1. Take into consideration the bride's makeup and skin texture...You don't want to pull any dimples out and darken the red skin coloring (rouge?) (if any) and make the bride look overmade up...

2. learn about available lighting...Will there be a video camera too? Will the camera operator be using lights? (probably tungsteen=warm,reddish.

In my case it was just that, and I shot 400 ASA with no filter. That equals 1600 ASA plus filter.

and 3...

Probably it is too late to experiment before this wedding, but try Neopan 1600 pushed 3200 sometime...MUCH smaller grain and a bit more contrasty.

Increase dev time 25-30% from the nominal standard.

best o' luck, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.superweb.gr ÏéêïíïìéêÜ êáé áîéüðéóôá ðáêÝôá web hosting ìå áóöáëÝò Åëëçíéêü controlpanel
http://www.domains.gr Ôï üíïìÜ óáò óôï internet ìüíï ìå 10 Åõñþ.