Re:

Roger wrote
I understand that one can simulate a reduced depth of field in
Photoshop if the photo has a wide depth of field, but how can one
shift a narrow depth of field to an out-of-focus plane in a photo
that has most of the image out of focus?  Am I being clear?  Clearly

 I reply
I understand what you are saying. The thing is they do not say anything about the camera settings. You assume they were using a shallow dof but how do you know that? There is so little detail on the process that the whole thing smacks of cold fusion.

Greg Fraser http://home.golden.net/~fraserg