RE: PF Exhibits 12 NOV 05

My faves of the current PF gallery:

Jeff's fight crowd picture has a lot going for it.  The people have a
range of emotional intensity and there seems to be more than one thing
they are looking at (besides the camera). The dynamic X composition
works well and I admire his selective dodging and burning to work the
image a bit. I wonder how it would be if the picture were untitled?
Could it be a political event?  The guys shirt, of course, tells part
of the story.

David's three legged man is one of those classic photo moments we all
love. It's kind of neat the way the man has himself twisted up..  One
ponders whether three legs wouldn't be a nifty evolutionary step.

Allan Rosen-Ducat's soft landscapes must be charming to see full-size
and proves once again that un-sharpness is an effective formal quality.
I didn't find more on the web page.  I wonder if it is because I like
the idea of the pictures - pin hole, digital, blown up -  that I don't
find their simplicity and prettiness too banal?

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4Th ed.
Now an E-book.