Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: Best films for copy work?

Hi Marilyn,

No Prob. When I worked for a local pro shop here in San Jose I had the fortune to work with a young women named Marsha Ewert. One of her jobs was to do all of the in house duping and copy neg work. Her skill with a Marrion Carrol camera were an actual joy to behold. Many a day she made full 4x5 copies of painting and flat art that riviled the orginals. I learned a smidge here or there just watching her work. She had made her own contrast control masks cut either orange or green vellum to do multiple exposures with etc. She and 4 other family members were killed in a plane crash on Mothers day 1997. She really was very talented in this area. It would be hard to tell what she would do today without the need of good copies like those she carefully created.

We had a customer come in once ( a well known mvery high strung local painter) who wanted dupes of her work. Marsha wasted no time getting them togeather for her. When she showed up the next day she asked to project some onto a wall which is what usually happens when they are judged for this or that reason. Shot onto a wall they looked remarkably like the real thing. Some color shift is always expected so is a gain in contrast and a slight loss of detail. Not this time. Even with the poor paint job on the wall the dupes looked great. You really a have to have a great eye for color.

I hope all goes well with your project you know how those painters can be... <vbg>

Les