Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: Canon's support and information.

Yup... but be careful about using any solvents... they will hurt the IR and Antialising filter more than a nice soft cotton cloth... the CCD is actually behind another piece of glass behind the IR/AA filter... try the anti static brush that was once used to brush the dust from negatives... if they are safe for negatives then it will be more than safe for these glass... the problem might be reaching it though... all in all be careful...

IF you just need the sensor cleaned you can buy cleaning kits, they work very well, if you follow the instructions you will not damage the sensor cover, you really never touch the sensor.
Terry L. Mair
Mair's Photography
158 South 580 East
Midway, Utah 84049