Re: file share vs tape as gift

At 09:04 AM 10/20/2005, you wrote:

James B. Davis wrote:

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:15:33 -0500, Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

And yet many ISPs have dropped newsgroups altogether. Mine did that 2 years ago.
Don

Well you can pay for Newsgroups from any number of services. Quite
reasonable for what you get.
Yep, I did that for a while after my ISP dropped them. I'm not quite sure why I stopped. You all are making it sound indispensable. At least for file sharing.
Don

I'm not sure that USENET is indispensable but I just down loaded 32,172 headers from <alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.70s>... Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Credence Clearwater, Jefferson Airplane, Moody Blues and more and more and more. Great good listening and the price is very reasonable at no charge.

I don't think Google allows access to mp3 groups but try Google/groups and enter <rec photo.digital> for a digital photography news group. Actually just click <Browse all of USENET... > for a list of available groups.

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print