Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists! Not

>>>Obviously you know absolutely nothing about the state or those living in it!!!!!>>>

Hey Terry . . . Can you clarify who you are talking about? Me or the other person that posted and does not know much about Utah: >) Granted I have lived here far too long, but I do know my state and its peculiarities. And, we can often be rather silly.

Just a state government willing to put a nuclear waste dump on an earthquake fault line,

Which plan? There are several being discussed. I think. I have not followed the story. Are you talking about the Indian land? We need some place to put the waste and you simply cannot prove it is dangerous. I am all ears if you can. Today, nuclear power plants are the second largest source of electricity in the United States. They provide about 20 percent of the nation's electricity each year. Gots to put that waste somewhere.

>>>a megalomaniacal ultra-conservative patriarchal religion...

I will give you that. To a point. Not on this list that likely does not want religion.

>>>and a large lake drying up>>>

Do you mean the Great Salt Lake? Once part of Lake Bonneville. The lake is now landlocked. The largest lake between the Great Lakes and the Pacific Ocean, and the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere.

I do wonder what your solution might be. Perhaps we can take all of California’s non-salty water and fill 'er up again. I am not sure it is fair to bang Utah because its Great Salt Lake is drying up. Here are a few stats: (from a Utah Web Site) Lake Bonneville once covered 20,000 square miles of land in what is now Utah, Nevada, and Idaho; some 10,000 to 30,000 years ago. The present lake is about 75 miles long and 35 miles wide, with a maximum depth of 33 feet. After a series of wet years, the lakes surface area may be much larger but it will be only a little bit deeper.

I plan to take a URAL sidecar rig around parts of the lake next spring. You should visit the lake.

I am sure those living and loving life in Nevada and Idaho are glad the lake has dried a bit.

Bob