Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

>>>your going to have to explain this one to me, how is any one knowing where and when a print of any thing was made going to impact me privately, if I sell a print that I made the person buying it will know when, (approximately) where, and from whom it came, if I illegally print something and pass it off or along I need to be known, and I doubt that those tiny little dots will ever be used to view what goes on in my bed room!>>>

Terry, nobody can explain how this issue affects us. We think it is wrong, but we are not sure exactly how or why it is wrong.

If we are decent, we have nothing to fear. If we are bad, we should be looked at. Any reasonable person should agree.

If a terrorist sends a threatening letter to the airlines and it is dismissed, and later it was learned by a generally ignorant public that tracking dot technology was available and not implemented, someone would have to explain to a screaming and outraged public why it was not used.

In better times, we are scared of any technology that seems like it could possibly be abused. We are scared only because it seems bad and it seems wrong but we do not know why. Worse yet, "they" know where we live and where our printer is located because of a bunch of stories on the web telling them "by God, be scared."

If the story gains momentum, some wonk will come up with a hack to get around the dots; those that DL the hack are either bad guys or paranoids living in tinfoil lined rooms. I print in black and white these days and I am not sure they can see the dots. My printer is so bad, there are lots of dots.

Seems rather strange how much we want protection from the bad guys. Yet we do not want those protections to intrude into our personal space. Watch "them" but do not watch me. I read a recent story about video surveillance cameras on the street. Something to do with homeland security. Having cameras was a great idea, just not in our neighborhood. Watch them, but never watch us.

Just more line noise and wasted bandwidth.

Bob