Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: Drop Shadow

You need to select the part of the image that you want a drop shadow to appear under, and make a new layer via copy of only that part. Otherwise PS thinks you want a drop shadow of the whole layer.

rebphoto <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been using PS for a few years now
but as a Portrait Photographer I haven't
had any need to apply a drop shadow to anything.

Ok I open an image in CS2
I go to Layer/new/layer via copy
I go to layer style/Drop Shadow
I play with the adjustments.