From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ADavidhazy
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:56 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Cc: andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Exposure question

>If I set my digital camera to f/8 and meter the light and the meter
>gived me a shutter of 1/250-------by increasing the shutter to 1/500
>less light will be recorded and the image will be darker?
>Is this correct and is there any summary reading of exposure settings
>available?

That is correct. Digital cameras are positive working devices. A summary
is simply that if shutter speed is fixed larger apertures give you
lighter, brighter images and if apertures are fixed longer exposure
times do the same.
And the reverse if you use smaller apertures or shorter exposure times.

How much of a change per "stop" has been discussed recently and others
may be able to give you more assistance than I can.

andy