Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Horse Show Advice Please!

Anyone have any tips on this please? My daughter has just got her first "pro" assignment and her first official "Official Photographer" badge at the Horse of The Year Show, in Birmingham...and she's very nervous! This show is indoors, very brightly lit, no flash allowed, though riders are spotlit.

Technical Issues...
Camera - Canon 350D with a D100 + 18-125 backup
Likely ISO setting (my guess 800)
White balance - automatic for most, with switch to tungsten when no spolight?
Suitable lens(es) - she has Canon 18-55 and 70-300
Monopod for extra stability?
Storage - we've access to 2 * 1GB cards - will she need more?
Download at breaks to...laptop or some like the Epson P2000 or a flashtrax?

And what makes that GREAT shot? She's going to study photos on the HOYS website obviously

Answers on a postcard please!  ;)
- no seriously any suggestions warmly welcomed

Thanks

Howard