Re: Silver in Film Cylinder?

FWIW, I use them for such purposes (and for a zillion others) all the time.  The supply is drying up since I moved to digital, but I still have a hundred or so left.

The silver cannot possibly get out of the film without help from water and chemicals (or fire), but possibly the film base might contain something that oozes out in dry state.  I´ve never worried, and never observed any ill effects.

The real old ones in my collection are aluminum, and that´s probably not safe.

Per Öfverbeck

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"