Leica serial numbers

I recently sold my two M6's because as I get older I get more disabled and
can't lug them around any more. I got quite emotional when I parted with
them. I decided that I would at least like one leica to fondle from time to
time and someone has offered me an M4 serial number 1230799. Seeing as I know
absolutely nothing about how much a Leica is worth (mine went for much more
than I expected) because I was a user rather than collector, does anyone here
know anything about the expected price for an average condition one. It's
chrome which I believe makes a difference.

nod.