RE: PF Exhibits on 20 AUG 05

Chris.

Question: What happens to me when I die?
Response: What happens to a cat when it dies?
Answer: You throw it away.
Response and answer: You are a clever cat!

:> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 20 2005.
:> Authors
:> with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
:> include:
:>
:>                Jim Davis - Fetch Rover Fetch

Sort of thing that many families have, but a dog is not really a real
animal, it would not hold its own in the wild without human support as it
has been bred as a brain defective animal.

:>                Don Roberts - Father and son

Nice family group.

:>                Tim Holmes - Matty

He is a lovely young man.

:>                Dan Mitchell - Still life

These formal images are quite a good exercise in design, setting up lighting
and getting the correct camera settings. A really good exercise is to use a
technical camera for an exercise like that.

:>                Emily L. Ferguson - Right after the start

This is yet another example of a test of one man against another.

:>                Karl Shah-Jenner - prickly pear

I wonder why it is called a "pear" is it pear shaped or does it taste like a
pear?

:>                Gregory david Stempel - A Dark Tree

I think that is a lovely image of a dramatic sky with a sharply defined
foreground image to show of the background.  This is a motive used by
artistes for thousands of years and like all things there is nothing new
under the sun.

:>                Terry L. Mair - The Falls

This sort of image pleases most people and it may well be that our ancestors
camped by a feature like this to drink and wash in the water and catch fish.
And so our genes acquired a chemical link between the viewing of this
feature and a sense of pleasure.

:>                Pini Vollach -

A nice example of a group of males co-operating and showing each other their
mental powers and probably discussing life's experience and their strategy
for survival.

:>                Christopher Strevens - Martinique - Artist

Although beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, this lady has good
features, with the flared nostrils, that show her ancestors evolved in a hot
atmosphere where the air is less dense so she needed a bigger nasal
passageway to get enough air, she has the little ridges below the nose to
deflect the flow of fluid from her nose away from the mouth and the nasal
hood to prevent fluid filling the airway.  She has a pair of beautiful eyes
to see in stereo with and this helps her a lot in survival, a directional
ear on each side to give indication of danger and to hear her mates calls,
the curves in the ear are to carry sound to the drum inside, and fleshy lips
to help protect the mouth entrance from freezing, the beautiful straight
teeth are to cut up food, the forehead seems to hide a powerful computer to
guide her bodily actions and the bony plates there act as a barrier against
head injuries and also are used to butt enemies in a fight. Men find her
beautiful because our inherited instincts instruct us that a lady like this
is a good individual to carry our genes to the next generation and as a
lifelong mate, she will be a valuable life support and beautiful companion.
(I only met her a few days ago and now she's gone).

Chris, a person without.

:>