Re: film processing chemicals

Even though you may have to experiment a bit, development kinetics are pseudo-first order
So time should be cut in half every 10C (18F).  And luckily 68+18 = 86F
So by cutting development time in half you should be in the right ball park.

You could also cut the concentration of the developer in half and use the 68F times, works for me with Rodinal and DDX

Marilyn wrote:

Hi All,
I need your help again, please. Here in the southern California desert cold water coming from the tap is sometimes 85 degrees. This is /hot/ for processing black and white film and the times/temperatures on the back of the chemical bottles only go up to the temperature of 75 degrees. Is there a formula for figuring adjustments for processing film in warmer water? I can cool water down by adding cold water >from a water cooler, but I need such large amounts of water to process film, that this becomes difficult. Using bottled water causes temperature problems, too. Even at room temperature the water is very warm. And nooo - I can't switch to digital. I have students who want to learn film and darkroom work (thank /heaven/ for these students{:->) Marilyn
Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.
Mother Teresa

Pablo Coronel Ph.D.